Friday, February 26, 2010
Here is a list of safe toys that dogs love:
- Kong - It's a modern classic with many uses.
- Nylabone Dental Dinosaur - Great alternative to rawhide or bones.
- Push-n-Play - Just a big ball that dogs love to herd around the yard.
- Ball on a String* - Great for interactive play/training. Helps focus drive.
- Tug* - From a small recall tug to reward obedience to a long "bite tube" for tug-o-war. This is a great way to interact and play/train your dog.
* Toys 4 and 5 are both meant for interactive play only. When play is over these toys should be put away, not left with the dog.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
The first flag was raised on Mount Suribachi by US Marines on February 23rd, 1945 almost a month before the end of the battle for Iwo Jima. The photo, which the Iwo Jima Memorial is fashioned after, was taken by Joe Rosenthal. Rosenthal’s photo is the most reproduced image in the history of photography.
This is my reproduction: The Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, VA taken about twenty minutes after sunrise on September 9th, 2007. I used a Nikon D70 and a Nikkor AF 60mm f2.8 Micro mounted on a tripod. The photo was taken in RAW format and developed in Adobe Lightroom.